Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wild Mountain Cafe

I've passed Wild Mountain Cafe hundreds of times as I made my way from Greenwood to Ballard on 85th, but I'd never eaten here until this past weekend.  What a treat!  It's an old house with several rooms arranged with dining tables, unique chairs and a small bar area.  The best word to describe the space is kitschy.


I knew that they were open for breakfast, but I learned that they're open for lunch and dinner as well and have a kick ass happy hour.


I enjoyed breakfast with three friends on a Saturday morning, and there was a 10 minute wait, which was probably less than the wait when we left around noon.  The servers are exceptionally friendly and the timing of the meal was ideal despite the rush. I had the tasty La Cabana:
This is a baked specialty item available Saturday & Sunday only - Our popular mexican breakfast casserole! Corn tortillas layered with chicken sausage, green chiles, tomatoes, jack cheese and cumin-seasoned eggs, topped with scallions, fresh cilantro, salsa, sour cream, & served with fresh fruit & toast.

My friends had the Florentia, the bagel with lox, and the B.A.T. Bennie, which was bacon, avocado and sauteed tomatoes served eggs Benedict style. Everyone was very satisfied with their meal The prices are reasonable and the portions are substantial enough to either leave stuffed or take some home.


Although we didn't order Mimosas or bloody mary's, next time that will be on my list.  A great treat hidden between Crown Hill and Ballard!

No comments:

Post a Comment